The Beginner’s Guide to On-Page and Off-Page SEO
Who doesn’t want to rank the highest in the SERPs?
But who does what it takes to get there?
SEO has been here for decades and will remain for more years to come. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is more than just keywords and backlinks now.
SEO has evolved into an integrated technique that analyses various aspects of the website and the viewer’s behavior to only let the worthy rank the highest.
With the advent of on-page and off-page SEO, the game seems to have changed. Although, the fundamental rules remain the same. Pegalogics is one of the best digital marketing agency in Noida.
In this blog, we will discuss what exactly is on-page and off-page SEO and why it’s important for your website. Read on.
WHAT IS ON-PAGE SEO?
Every SEO technique that can be employed on-site is called on-page SEO. In simple words, it’s what you do to your website, both content and technical wise to help it rank better on SERPs.
The more optimized you keep your website, the more traffic it drives. This ultimately gets your website ranked higher.
But what includes On-page SEO?
While the basic fundamental rule of putting out quality, relevant, and consistent content remains the same. It also matters how well you keep your website optimized to drive traffic. There are many technical aspects by which a website can be optimized through on-page SEO. They are as follows:
- Title tags – They are the HTML tags used to designate the name of the website. They get displayed on the SERPs and should be at least 60 characters along with a keyword. Each title tag must be unique and be able to describe the content in a few words.
- Headings – Headings must be both catchy and descriptive. They must contain keywords but be sure not to stuff them. The headline must manage to describe the content and get people attracted.
- URL structure – Whenever a query is searched, the search engine checks for the relevant URL to display. Hence, optimize your URLs with relevant keywords and make them descriptive of the kind content you have.
- Alt text for images – Alt-text describes an image. It helps the search engine get an idea as to what the image is about and must be optimized with keywords and descriptive content with at least 125 characters.
- Site speed – Ensure that your website load’s faster. This is important as visitors exit pages if it takes longer than 2 seconds. The high bounce rates caused due to this result in a lower ranking in SERPs.
- Internal links – This helps in navigating across your website and also for the search engine to index your pages. This helps achieve a higher ranking. Make sure your pages are internally linked to their categories and sub-categories.
- Meta descriptions- Appears below the title and URL and must contain at least 160 characters. The meta-description gives details regarding what content it is and why you should read it before anyone else’s.
- Responsiveness – This element makes sure your website is mobile-friendly and can load on other devices. With more people switching their internet surfing to mobile phones, this factor is becoming a crucial one.
Apart from this, Keywords still hold importance and is highly-regarded in the SEO sectors. Keyword strategy along with the above-mentioned technical elements can help you ace your On-Page SEO strategy. In today’s era Web, development and digital marketing are gaining a huge scope for business. At this time of hour if one is searching for the digital marketing company in Noida, then PegaLogic Solution is the ideal place in order to get their work done at affordable prices.
OFF-PAGE SEO AND WHY IT IS IMPORTANT?
Backlinks constitute Off-page SEO tactics. But wait…
Not just any back-links. Quality and authoritative backlinks are what every website must look for.
Having or buying low-quality backlinks won’t do any good in your SEO strategy and may even get your penalized (only when they are irrelevant).
It is important to understand the importance of having backlinks that are both high-quality and authoritative. This can sound easy but, it is rather difficult to build.
Here are four strategies that can help you get ahead with your link-building:
- Guest Blogging
- Infographics and lots of them
- Create popular content and mention influencers
- Replace broken links with your content
Apart from this, getting involved in other platforms other than your website can help in your Off-page strategy. Make content on sites like Quora, LinkedIn, etc. and also mention your business in Google and other search listings (Local SEO at its best), to make the most of your Off-page SEO.
In conclusion, SEO is a holistic and integrated approach to building your rank. When discussing SEO, remember to include both on-page as well as off-page. They both form the different facets of the same coin and cannot be successful independently.
Want to ace your SEO strategy with the best Agency in the market? Don’t you love to see your Website rank the highest on SERPs and receive tons of clicks?
If you are nodding your head a yes, right now, then we are here to help you achieve this.
Pegalogics Solutions are the one-stop for all your SEO and web designing services in Noida.